3 Reasons to Invest in Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is the category of dental care that focuses on the appearance of your teeth. Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, and you want to make a good first impression. Imperfections in your teeth like discoloration, gaps, and chipped teeth can affect the way others see you and the way you see yourself.
If you’re considering cosmetic dentistry but you’re wondering if it’s worth the cost, here are the top 3 reasons to invest in your smile.
Reason # 1: Increased Confidence
Arguably the biggest benefit of cosmetic dentistry, increased confidence can be a game changer. When you are able to smile with confidence it can have positive results in many different aspects of your life. Smiling improves your:
- Mental health. Numerous studies have shown that the more you smile, the happier you feel. If you feel confident about the way your smile looks, you are more likely to smile often, which can boost your mood and improve your mental health.
- Personal life. A confident smile can help you make new friends and establish personal connections you may not have had otherwise.
- Professional life. Confidence can open doors in your professional life, allowing you to further your career and take chances that could change your life.
Reason # 2: Improved Dental Health
Many cosmetic dentistry treatments and procedures also improve the health of your teeth and mouth, such as:
- Invisalign. Invisalign shifts your teeth into proper alignment, which not only improves your smile, it improves the health of your teeth. Teeth that are straight are easier to keep clean and proper bite alignment protects your teeth and jaw from damage.
- Crowns. A severely decayed or damaged tooth can be covered with a crown, a tooth-shaped cap that fits over the existing tooth. A crown allows the natural root of your tooth to remain in place, which also preserves the bone structure of your jaw.
- Dental implants. Replacing lost or damaged teeth with dental implants prevents bone loss in the jaw and helps keep your remaining teeth in proper alignment.
- Cosmetic bonding. Teeth that are chipped or worn down can be reshaped with cosmetic bonding, which also helps protect the enamel.
Reason # 3: Lasting Results
Many cosmetic procedures offer results that can last for many years and some for the rest of your life. An investment in cosmetic dentistry is an investment in your future. Crowns and veneers typically last for 15 years or more and dental implants can last a lifetime. The results of Invisalign treatment can last for the rest of your life as long as you wear your retainers as instructed. Even teeth whitening treatment can last anywhere from one to three years and may last even longer with periodic touch-ups.
Why Choose Fine Dental Care for Cosmetic Dentistry?
It is important to see a qualified, licensed dentist for cosmetic dentistry. The doctors and dental team at Fine Dental Care will always put your dental health first before appearances. We want your teeth and mouth to be healthy and for your smile to reflect that, so that you can feel confident in your daily life.