Many may agree that most “firsts” are not easy – for instance, giving birth. It is said to be extremely hard and painful; yet, everything disappears after seeing the newborn baby. Sadly, this is not the only first that parents may find hard. Caring for their firstborn could also pose a challenge. Providing them the right supplement can be tricky due to various choices available. Handling every meal requires great consideration to ensure a sufficient amount of nutrition needed by their body for proper growth and development.
It is essential for every parent to know that aside from securing their children’s physical health, the oral condition should be taken into consideration as well. We at Fine Dental Care do not just cater to the needs of our adult patients, but for children as well. To help every new parent care for their first born’s overall wellness, we prepared these few tips!
- First and foremost, parents should know that the recommended time for a child to see the dentist is when their first tooth erupts (usually on the sixth month) and not later than their first birthday. Most dentists and dental associations like ADA and AAP advise this practice which should then be observed every six months.
- Children are delicate and so as their teeth. Make sure to choose a soft-bristled toothbrush that is small enough for their mouths.
- Quick tip: Try to soak the bristles in warm water before use. In just a few minutes, it would become softer.
- Aside from agreeing for the best time to visit the dentist, AAP and ADA also recommend parents to use fluoridated toothpaste for their children’s teeth as it provides added protection.
- Children who are 0-2 years of age should only use a smear of toothpaste. Those with the age of 3 can now use a pea-sized amount.
- Replace their toothbrush every three months or as soon as it starts fraying to keep the device fully functional.
- Encourage them to brush twice a day, floss at least once, and rinse regularly.
- Invest in Pediatric Dentistry services at Fine Dental Care! Aside from thorough examinations and cleaning, we also offer other procedures that can secure children’s overall oral wellness for many years. We have digital x-rays, sealants, and fillings!
Digital x-rays help in detecting problems that are not easily spotted by the naked eye. On the other hand, sealants help protect the teeth with deep pits against cavities. And fillings can counter the earliest effects of decays and prevent them from worsening.
Your child also deserves outstanding dental care services! We provide Pediatric Dentistry service in Wayne, NJ. Book their appointment with us at Fine Dental Care and let us help them achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!