Cavities are one of the common dental problems for people in different age groups. Patients with cavities may experience extreme sensitivity, pain, discomfort, and teeth discoloration. These conditions need immediate dental treatment since if left untreated, it can cause severe dental complications. Here at Fine Dental Care, we help restore your teeth’s structure, function, and appearance with our Cosmetic Fillings.
Fillings are used to restore the teeth that are damaged back to their original structure, function, and to prevent further decay. There are various types of fillings to choose from such as amalgam (silver), gold, and composite fillings. However, metal fillings (gold and silver) are unsightly and may harm the health of the patient because the amalgam releases a small percentage of mercury that can be inhaled.
Composite (Cosmetic) fillings, on the other hand, are safe and aesthetically pleasing. Composite fillings are made of tooth-colored materials that can resemble the natural appearance of the teeth.
Benefits of Composite Fillings
- It is made of durable materials
- Composite fillings are smaller than metal fillings
- They harden quickly unlike other materials
- If damaged, composite fillings can be replaced
- Aesthetically pleasing
What to expect during the cosmetic filling procedure:
Patients suffering from tooth decay need early treatment to reduce the risk of severe cavities and prevent expensive and extensive dental procedures.
- A local anesthetic is administered by the dentist to numb the treatment site for a comfortable and painless procedure.
- Once the anesthetics take effect, the decayed portion is removed using a drill, abrasion instrument, or laser. The dental instrument to be used depends on the location and extent of the decay.
- The dentist will check the teeth to ensure that the decay has been completely removed after clearing the cavity and debris.
- The tooth structure is then restored by using a composite filling to protect the exposed portion from further damage. Once the filling is placed, it is shaped according to the other healthy teeth structure to make sure that it would not appear out of place.
- A special curing light is used to harden the fillings and secure its adherence to the tooth.
The dentist will perform necessary adjustments such as shaping and trimming to make the bite natural and comfortable. When the process is complete, the patient can enjoy a natural looking beautiful and healthy smile.
Cosmetic fillings using composite resin can completely transform a patient’s smile and self-confidence. Don’t wait any longer! Schedule your appointment at Fine Dental Care for Cosmetic Fillings in Wayne, NJ. Our dental office is located at 600 Valley Rd, Wayne, NJ 07470.